Roof Snow Removal Service Syracuse, NY
The expert roof snow removal service team at Melo Roofing is here to help throughout the Winter!
Winter in Syracuse, NY often brings several feet of snow. As the snow falls, it accumulates in various areas like your back deck, driveway, and your roof. As the snow accumulates on your roof, it becomes heavy and can potentially start causing damage to your home.
While each type of roof can vary with how much weight it can hold, the average limit is around 2 feet of snow. If you have about an inch of ice and an additional 1 foot of snow, it is highly recommended for roof snow removal services.
When You Need Roof Snow Removal or More
– You see 6 or more inches of snow on the roof
– Your roof is flat, or has a very small slope
– You are already aware of attic insulation issues
– Have had ice dam issues in the past
– The snow looks like ice, or you know there is ice up there
– You notice large or longer icicles hanging from your gutters, roof overhangs or soffits
– There are very large plumes of ice formed along the side of your home or building
– You notice water leaking inside
The Cost of Roof Snow Removal Service in Syracuse, NY
As the snow continues to fall, the risk of damage becomes greater. Heavy snow can cause your roof to start leaking, or even worse, collapse. The longer you wait to clear the snow, the heavier it will become making it more difficult to remove. While you can remove the snow yourself, it is much safer to hire a professional roof snow removal service provider.
The cost of roof snow removal will vary depending on the size of your roof that needs clearing, any underlying damage, and if the roof has a high slope. Although the cost can range from $150 to $500, the costs for damage repairs can be much more significant. Call Melo Roofing for a free estimate!
Commercial Roofing in Syracuse, NY and Surrounding Areas
No roof is too big or small for the crew at Melo Roofing. Keeping your business in mind, we offer you the best roofing solutions. When choosing a commercial roofing company, you want to be sure you have the best in the roofing industry. How often can you get top-notch service and quality materials that fit within your budget?
At Melo Roofing, you’ll get just that. Whether your property is a school, retail store, industrial, or residential facility, we will roof it! Voted the 2021 Best Roofers in Syracuse, you won't be disappointed. Call us today for your free estimate!
Kind words from our clients
- Paul P.
Choosing Professional Roof Snow Removal Services
Melo Roofing offers more than just professional roof snow removal services. We offer you an investment for you and your property. Not only are you saving yourself from the dangers of trying to remove the snow yourself, you are also helping your roof.
Without the right tools and equipment, you are putting yourself at risk climbing onto your snowy, icy roof. Additionally, without the proper training you are likely to damage your shingles which could ultimately cause worse damage to the roof.
We all know that snow and ice can be quite slippery. Dripping water from your roof could freeze and turn into icicles. As these melt, water pools beneath them potentially on sidewalks or driveways. As these pools freeze again, they become hazardous to you and anyone who may be visiting you.
Hiring our professional services can reduce these risks and give you peace of mind in knowing your property is safe from potential slip and fall accidents due to snow and ice. Additionally, you’ll also know that your roof is safer from any snow related issues, thus preserving it’s lifespan.
As snow and ice build up, it wears down your roof shingles and the layers beneath them as well as your gutters. Keeping up with the snow removal can help prevent costly leaks and future roof repairs.
Preventing Roof Leaks Caused By Snow
What You Can do Right Away
- Keep your gutters cleaned and downspouts clear of debris. The gutters and spouts help snow and ice drain from your roof, if they are clogged then the water will back up and not be able to drain. Additionally, once spring hits and everything melts, the last thing you will want is flooding around your home.
- Call for roof snow removal service after each heavy snow. Having between 3 and 4 feet cleared from the edge of your roof helps prevent ice dams (read more about ice dams below). This can be done using a roof rake and a ladder, however it is much safer to call Melo Roofing.
Long Term Solutions
- If you have a chimney, check for any holes or cracks that heat may be escaping. You can check in your attic, or have an expert come and take a look for you. Even the smallest holes or cracks can let heat out, which in turn can cause warm spots on your roof.
- Update your insulation. Doing so will reduce the likelihood of roof hot spots, as well as lower your energy costs (since heat can’t escape).
- If you are unsure of your insulation, roofing, and soffit vents, it may be wise to have a roof inspection before winter arrives. Proper insulation and ventilation make all the difference. When heat escapes, warm spots are created on your roof increasing the chance of ice dams.
What is an Ice Dam and What Causes Them?
An ice dam occurs when the snow melts and refreezes forming layers of ice. As the ice continues to melt and refreeze, it causes a dam to form at the edge of the roof. With the drip edge being blocked, more melting snow is unable to drain off.
The melting snow is caused by rising heat in the attic. Having a poorly insulated attic, or blocked air vents are common culprits for warm spots in an attic. The warm spots cause the snow to melt and start to run off, however, the edge of the roof does not get any heat which in turn causes the water to freeze. As the snow continues to melt, runoff, and freeze, the dams start holding back the water.
Damage Caused By Ice Dams
The best way to prevent ice dams is to keep your roof clear of snow. The roof snow removal service offered by Melo Roofing has you covered. Keeping the snow to a minimum helps to reduce the chances of snow melting and or blocking air vents.
When you choose Melo Roofing for roof snow removal, you are choosing a local, veteran-owned business. Our roofing company takes pride in all that is roofing. Being a roofing expert allows us to provide efficient roofing solutions to the Syracuse, NY community and surrounding areas. Don’t hesitate to call or email Melo Roofing today for your free estimate!
Preventing Ice Dams From Forming
Since an ice dam is caused by melted snow, the sitting water can seep under your shingles and cause damage to the roof and inside of your home. The roof decking can become damaged and not only promote mold growth, but it can also cause the structure to become unstable.
Additionally, water can get inside and cause severe water damage to ceilings, walls, and floors. If large, heavy icicles have formed at your roof edge, there is a risk of gutters being damaged from the weight of the ice.